Thursday 27 February 2014

"I Shed a Tear"- A Poem dedicated to the Yobe students murdered by boko haram militants


“Light out They say",

Awaiting a new dawn,

Alas!

The bandits appears with no sympathy

Sliting, shooting and torching them together,

Just for draconian views to be accepted.

I shed a tear over man’s.

A darkness void less one that

Conceives all greater evils.

Then we blame the devil for such atrocities,

We are the devil ourselves

Lurking, looting and destroying.

“Tell me didn’t they plead for mercy from you Coward”.

Still it felled on deaf ears

And happily triggering maiming carried out your atrocities.

I curse you and your counterparts a life so miserable

That you seek for death that it wouldn’t come.

How do you rest after such evil,

“Tell me don’t their cries haunt and taunt you”.

Or do you just ignore them.

I shed a tear over man’s,

For demons we are with an appetite for devastation and darkness.
    
 A Poem dedicated to those Yobe students who were murdered on 24th feb.2014 by boko haram militants.
                                                                    Written by Elisha Short      

No comments:

Post a Comment